PAN4620 - 802.15.4 and Bluetooth Low Energy Module
The PAN4620 is Panasonic’s Internet of Things dual mode module comprising NXP’s Kinetis KW41Z SoC - a 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 and Bluetooth® Low Energy wireless radio microcontroller based on an ARM® Cortex-M0+ core.
To provide maximum flexibility, the module can be operated in stand-alone and hosted mode. With 512 kB flash memory and 128 kB SRAM the PAN4620 can easily be used as a stand-alone controller eliminating the need for an external processor, saving complexity, space and cost. It is thus well suited for very small and low-power applications. However, also the integration of 802.15.4 and/or BLE connectivity into existing applications can easily be achieved when using the PAN4620 in hosted mode.
Using the PAN4620 with low power consumption in combination with NXP’s certified Thread® stack, BLE stack or a combination of both for concurrent operation allows to meet IoT application requirements without the need for a gateway.
Since Thread® does not define an application layer, various application layers can be used, such as dotdot, IoTivity, OpenDOF, and others.
FCC, IC, and CE approval are under way.
- Same form factor and compatible pinout for VCC, GND, Reset, UART, I²C, and SWD as PAN1026, PAN1760, PAN1760A, and PAN1761
- Single and concurrent operation of IEEE 802.15.4 and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Open to various known application layers or proprietary solutions
Bluetooth Low Energy
- Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 compliant implementation certified by Bluetooth SIG
- Supporting software consisting of Bluetooth Low Energy host stack and profiles, and IPv6 over Bluetooth Low Energy
- IEEE standard 802.15.4 compliant
- Supporting software consisting of 802.15.4 MAC/PHY implementation, Simple Media Access Controller (SMAC), and certified Thread stack
- Programmable transmitter output power: -30 dBm to 3.5 dBm (Power and sensitivity measured at chip output.)
- Typical receiver sensitivity Bluetooth Low Energy @1Mbps: - 95 dBm
- Typical receiver sensitivity for IEEE Standard 802.15.4 @250 kbps: -100 dBm
- Typical transmitter current consumption 7.6 mA (6.1 mA for Tx, 0dBm, 3.6 V)
- Typical receiver current consumption 8.4 mA (6.8 mA for Rx, 3.6 V)
- Surface Mount Type (SMT) dimensions: 15.6 mm x 8.7 mm x 1.9 mm
- SoC: NXP Kinetis KW41Z – 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 and Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 Wireless Radio Microcontroller
- Core: Up to 48 MHz 32 bit ARM Cortex‑M0+
- Memory: 512 kB of flash and 128 kB of SRAM
- Voltage range: 1.8 V to 4.2 V
- Temperature range: ‑40 °C to 75 °C
-40°C to +85°C
PAN4620 - Single Daughterboard (Order-No. ENWC9B01AQEF)
One PAN4620 Daughterboard packed in a small case.
The NXP SDK is the best way to easily implement applications on the PAN4620 module. The SDK offers full software development support - for registration & download visit: https://extranet.nxp.com/