PAN1762 - Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy Module
The PAN1762 is Panasonic’s Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy module based on the Toshiba TC35680 single-chip controller. The new Bluetooth 5.0 features enable a higher symbol rate of 2 Mbps using the high-speed 2M PHY or a significantly longer range using the LE coded PHY at 500 kb/s or 125 kb/s. The new channel selection algorithm improves the performance in environments which are busy at 2.4 GHz. Furthermore, the new LE advertising extensions allow for much larger amounts of data to be broadcast in connectionless scenarios and are therefore favorable for beacon and mesh applications.
A high output power of up to 8 dBm and the industry leading sensitivity of the TC35680 in combination with the LE coded PHY make the module very attractive in applications, where a long range is required.
In addition the ultra-low current consumption of the PAN1762 makes the module an ideal choice for battery powered devices. Additionally, various sleep modes can be used to minimize power consumption and prolong battery life time.
To provide maximum flexibility, the module can be operated in hosted as well as stand-alone mode. With the build-in 128 kB flash memory the PAN1762 can easily be used in user-app mode, thereby eliminating the need for an external processor, saving complexity, space, and cost.
The older versions PAN1760, PAN1760A, PAN1761, and PAN1026 share the same small form factor and footprint. Furthermore, only minor code changes are required, when migrating from PAN1760A or PAN1760. Previously developed software, such as Bluetooth Low Energy profiles and applications, can be easily migrated with a minimal effort.
FCC, IC, and CE approval are in preparation.
- Surface mount type dimensions: 15.6 mm x 8.7 mm x 1.9 mm
- Host mode or stand-alone mode, AT command mode (soon)
- 18 General Purpose I/Os, which are shared by 2 SPI, 2 I²C, 2 UART, 4 PWM, 5 ADC, Wake-Up inputs
- Toshiba TC35680 featuring ARM® Cortex®-M0 (selectable 16 MHz or 32 MHz operation frequency) with SWD interface
- Bluetooth stack in ROM – 128 kB flash memory available for application
- Max. 51 kB RAM for application code and ROM patches
- 2Mbps high-speed PHY, LE long range coded PHY
- LE advertising extensions (advertising on 40 channels total)
- Channel selection algorithm #2
- LE secure connections
- Over-the-air update of system software
- Advertising function without CPU wake-up and interaction
- Bluetooth SIG certified Mesh stack (soon)
- Typical sensitivity -95 dBm @ 1 Mb/s and -105 dBm @ 125 kb/s
- Typical max. output power 8 dBm
- Typical current consumption of 11 mA in TX (@ 8 dBm) and 5.1 mA in RX mode
- Voltage range: 1.9 V to 3.6 V
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
-40°C to +85°C
PAN1762 - Evaluation Kit (Order-No. ENW89853AWKF)
Two PAN1762 ETU USB-Evaluation Sticks packed in a small case. The stick has a USB to UART converter and allows hardware access to the module pins. It is designed to be used with EasyBLE (see downloads).
PAN1762 - Single USB-Stick (Order-No. ENW89853AXKF)
One single PAN1762 USB-Evaluation Stick packed in a ESD bag. The stick has a USB to UART converter and allows hardware access to the module pins. It is designed to be used with EasyBLE (see downloads).
The Toshiba Bluetooth® SDK is the best way to easily implement applications on the PAN1762 module. The SDK offers full software development support for the high-level BLE API - for registration click here.
Further information can be found on the Toshiba Product Page including the chip data sheet for TC35680FSG-002 and the TC35680 681 Software Manual package containing more chip-specific information and low-level sample code.